More Basement Progress

Some very good progress has been made at my guesthouse. The new railing has been sanded and is ready to be painted.


I am so thrilled with my sturdy new stairs.
 

The pantry room door is finished.


The hidden room Murphy door now has an iron bolt that slides into the cement floor to hold it in place.


I was supposed to have the upstairs breakfast kitchen refrigerator installed but they need to move the electric box.


So, it is still sitting in the dining room and hopefully will be moved into place soon.


My antique French cabinet was a problem because I forgot about the clearance for my dishwasher door.  I was so disappointed that it was not going to work.


But then the carpenter and I decided to remove 3 inches fom the bottom shelf and move it to the other wall where he got it to fit perfectly under the pipes.


It sits just to the right of the pantry.


My old hunt cabinet has been moved to the mudroom and it will hold coats, scarves, gloves and hats.


The carpenter built this unit which will have hooks for hanging very important things like puppy leashes and harnesses.  We often take The W's down through the woods to the guest house to leave for their walks.


There are two large drawers at the bottom of the unit for more storage and there is the bench to sit on to remove your shoes.  The top part of this will be painted to match the hunt cabinet and the bottom will be stained.  I draw all of these pieces on paper and give the workers copies so they know what I want and you can see that they have them taped all over the place so they can refer to them as they work. Hopefully, there will be more progress soon. Today they will start refinishing the hardwood floors on the first floor.
 

Comments

Mary V said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Things are really taking shape now!
Leanna said…
Wow, so much has been done. I like how it's getting there.
Leanne said…
I have been enjoying watching the progress. Just forgotten how to comment... see if I can remember. LOVE the idea for leads and dog coats - our are in a heap.
It already looks really good!

Have a great day!

Christer.
DrumMajor said…
Love the brass Pantry door sign. Your carpenters seem to be innovative at getting furniture flexed and fitted into your preferred spots. The Ws are gonna think it is all for them! Linda in Kansas
I would love to be in the midst of something like this for me. But, I will just live vicariously through your blog. So far, I love what you have done.
Bee Haven Bev said…
This is all so exciting!