More Progress

I had my carpenters build this mudroom piece to match my hunt cabinet.  The fit is a bit awkward but I really wanted to use the hunt cabinet in this spot and the new piece is an extension of it.  I got some really cool hooks for it which I will show you when they hang them.  This piece will give people a place to hang their coats and a bench to sit on to remove their shoes.  I had two big, deep drawers built into it to store hats and gloves and such.


My painters did a great job matching the stain and the color.



My floating bathroom corner shelves are in place and the painters will stain them to match the new vanity.


I was working at the guest house last weekend which gave me time to study it and I realized that it would be really nice to have covers made to hide the radiators in the kitchen and also give me more space to sit things.  Within a day of telling my carpenter, he made these.  


They will be stained and sealed to match the floor.

I had the painters paint the kitchen ceiling white which really opened up the space.  I swear the room looks twice as big now.


That gave me the idea to have them paint all of the bedroom ceilings and the inside of the closets white too.  I guess I should have just had them paint the whole house.  The way I am going, it looks like that is happening anyway.

They are installing my new lower level font doors now so i will show pics when they are finished.
 

Comments

Mary V said…
You have the best carpenters working at the house. I really think they should live in the guest house, so they can be on stand by!
Are the fronts of the radiator covers painted black?
Susan said…
The new mud room piece looks wonderful with the hunt cabinet. Love the art on the hunt cabinet. You've incorporated great drawers, shelving and storage cabinetry. The white ceiling looks terrific. Nice work by the carpenter!
DrumMajor said…
Those carpenters are angels! Might as well find a corner for them to live full-time. It's almost like the show "Bewitched," since they can take your ideas into reality overnight! It all looks beautiful. I'm sure your wonderful food and snacks for them keep them happy too! Linda in Kansas
jaz@octoberfarm said…
the front of the radiator covers are bronze wire.
Unknown said…
That mud room piece is really nice. I love that color. The hunt cabinet next to it is beautiful. And those radiator covers are a nice touch.