Progress

My new doors have been installed.  There is still lots of work to be done around them and on the outside in general but I am very happy with the way they turned out.  The ugly gas meter will eventually be hidden.


These doors will have to be sanded and re-stained every few years but that is the cost of having wooden exterior doors.


The wall sconces next to the big TV cabinet have been hung.


And the antler coat hangers have been placed on the mudroom coat rack.

They fit the theme so well.


This is hard to see because the lights in the kitchen weren't working but my new pendant light over the big soapstone sink was hung yesterday.  Just a bit of added light that I felt I needed over the sink. The small boulder jutting out of the wall and holding up my steel beam is one of my favorite parts of this kitchen. The shelf over the counter was installed but the painters still need to stain it.


Willie taking a nap while resting his big bean on the coffee table.


Winnie in her woods surveying her domain.
 

Comments

The Ws have such thick winter coats!
Susan said…
Love your antler coat hangers. The new doors with iron handles are fantastic. Your lighting choices are perfect. (P.S.: I use boiled linseed oil and it gives wood doors a nice protective sheen.) The W's are priceless: one watching over her kingdom and the other found the perfect coffee table headrest for a nap.
Guillaume said…
Looking better and better.
DrumMajor said…
It all looks so beautiful, including the puppies. Linda in Kansas
1st Man said…
Amazing!! Love it and that soapstone sink has 2nd Man drooling ha!
It al looks fabulous--well appointed. Every house I have lived in needed more light over the sink, except for the kitchen I designed.