More House Redo

As I head towards the end of this project, I've realized I haven't spent enough time thinking about other areas of the house.  I am now focusing on a few finishing touches that will make a big difference in the final outcome.  I had the painters refinish both doors that lead to the big front porch.  They had not been touched in almost 20 years and they really needed to be refreshed.


As I work here, the pups play and play.  They have a whole woods of their to run around in at this place.  


They have a few favorite spots for puppy naps.  The cardboard on the newly refinished floors will be the last thing to go.  It's not coming up until the last of the worker's is done.


I'm still working on decorating the new basement.  I'm pulling things out that I haven't used in years like my Italian casserole dishes and tureen on the pine cabinet.


One of the carpenters built me a sink shelf to hold things like soap, sponges and brushes.  It's removable so I can just take it off if I need the space for washing large pots.  I bought a restaurant faucet with a sprayer for this sink. I hired a stainless fabricator to create these custom counter tops for around the sink.


Witch spoons for potion stirring.


This is one of my favorite parts of this kitchen.  It was a 'dead' area beside the refrigerator and behind the big post that encloses a plumbing line that should have been hidden in a wall.  But hey, no one told me it was a possibility and back then the workers couldn't see my vision and by the time we all realized this, it was too late.  So, we wrapped it in wood and faux painted the part of the pipe that was still exposed and I got this cool little handy storage area.

 

I have a soft spot for acorns and hung these hand carved wooden acorns around the pantry door.


This cubby will hold everyday dishes and glasses.


I am not fond of carpeting but since I had to cover all of the stairs for the W's safety, this is the carpeting I chose.  It matches the cabin/chalet theme of this place.


And if you missed it the first time around, here is the toilet for the new bathroom.  I found the little cabinet at Anthropologie.



 Every time I show this house to people, they all end up standing around the toilet staring at it and discussing it.   I'm transitioning into the decorating phase which will really be fun.  And I am still cleaning up paint spray!

Comments

Megs said…
Just brilliant! I love the Italian dishes and tureen, too! Love the carpeting ,everything!
That toilet takes the cake!
Susan said…
Your rustic chalet theme works beautifully. The cabinetry, storage and woodworking are amazing. The toilet and cabinet speak to me! Sitting on the throne inscribed with floral vines both top and seat, screams: Queen/King royalty. Got to love it...
It is all so beautiful. I can see why people stand around the commode.
Guillaume said…
It is looking really good.
Kay said…
Wow! I'm really impressed! It was so much fun to see all your beautiful ideas.
Rain said…
The cabinet goes so well with the terlet!!! ☺