Project Part 2

This is the new TV room.  So far, all it holds is the new very large sofa and the TV cabinet.  The room is a very awkward shape and hard to decorate but I have some ideas.  I will have a reading nook in one corner and I am looking for a console and a coffee table too.  It is a work in progress for sure.


This is the new laundry area and though it is narrow, it is long and I've fit everything I need into it.


Connected to the shelves, next to the stacked washer and dryer, you can see this rope.


When you unhook it, it lowers a Sheila Maid clothes dryer.  Drape the clothes over it and you can raise it back up to the ceiling while they dry.


I have a counter for folding clothes with shelves on top to hold soap and cleaning supplies and a beverage/condiment refrigerator below.  My big fridge has no shelves on the doors so I bought this small fridge to hold condiments as well as some extra beverages. The restaurant sink used to be on the other side of this house but I moved it here in the beginning of the project.


Willie loves the new basement.  He and Winnie run from room to room checking everything out.

I had to install carpeting on all of the stairs so the pups would have no problems navigating them. This is the view when you enter the mudroom.  The Murphy door is on the left and looks like a built in bookcase.


When you pull it open, you can enter the TV room.

 



 This is the rest of the mudroom.


This door separates the TV room from the new kitchen.


Back in the kitchen is my baking pantry. I had it built under one set of stairs.  My spices will be stored on the door and all of my baking supplies will live in here. I love the idea of having them separate from everything else.

I will keep all of my bakeware in here too.  It will be wonderful to have everything in one place. I will post more picks tomorrow.




 

Comments

Some ingenious solutions!
Susan said…
Genius design. You've done lots of custom work to beautifully utilize all spaces fully. I also love the natural color selections you've made. Carpeted stairs for the pups...key!
When you can afford amazing custom built furniture and have imagination and good taste, the result is fantastic. I love it.
Leanna said…
That Murphy door is awesome. You would never know there was a doorway there.
Guillaume said…
Looking really good. And I freaking LOVE the mudroom.
DrumMajor said…
It's all SO beautiful. I see vertical locks on the edge of the Murphy door, as if it was a panic room where the TV room is. Nice to put carpet on the stairs for the pups. It all looks really nice. I'd pay for a tour! Linda in Kansas
Bee Haven Bev said…
It all looks amazing!!
Kathryn said…
Oh my goodness. Stunning. I can't get over how light and bright it is. Looks like the ceiling lights up. Love the pastry baking area. Your cabbage dish collection is gorgeous. Love the Sheila maid dryer rack. Never heard of that but what a grand idea. Will google. Another congratulations to you.
K~
Unknown said…
I love your mudroom and that beautiful armoire. That murphy door is awesome.