The Oscars

 I am up even earlier than usual because I have a really busy day and I'm a bit grumpy which I rarely am.  This war is really affecting me.  I missed the Oscars once again which is fine by me but the first thing I saw this morning was the unexpected Oscar news.  Then I read this:

Wait - I didn’t see it on TV tonight, but do you mean to tell me that some guy just walked onstage & smacked another guy upside the head &, later on, got a standing ovation from the crowd?
Is that what you’re telling me?
What - was it a pro wrestling crowd? An audience at a cock fight? A ‘My-Kid-Beat-Up-Your-Honor-Roll-Student’ crowd? A school board meeting out in West Buttfuck crowd?
Because, if you ask me (& you probably shouldn’t), it sounds to me like none of these people were people that I would ever want to know.
 
I agree Jim, I totally agree.  SMH! 

As far as I am concerned, this is exactly what is wrong in society today.  Someone says something you don't like and you just walk up and smack them?  I don't think so but maybe that's just me.

Comments

I was watching and missed the smack which made everything after that confusing. And, the smackee is not pressing charges. It's all so confusing.
Bee Haven Bev said…
I didn’t watch the Oscars, but in my opinion ( I watched a video of the incident this morning) both parties were out of line. To me it seems that kindness and decency are gone. Chris Rock was wrong to make fun of someone with a medical condition that greatly affects her appearance. Will Smith was wrong to slap him. Nowadays it seems like open season for saying just about anything with no regard given to how it might be taken. Now more than ever, we need to just be kind!
We were watching the Oscars last night and that whole incident was disgraceful.
Susan said…
Unbelievable! The replay has been on the news and it is disgraceful. Men in tuxes, on stage and physical violence. Have they lost their minds?
Ruth S said…
As an inner city high school nurse how do I teach the boys soon to become men that violence is not socially acceptable when a prominent person does this on national T V?
I watched the last part of the Oscars but the only thing the swedish presenters were talking about was that smack. So strange and I thought it must have been a prt of an act or something like that.

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Chris Rock was a dick, but Will Smith behaved like a proper thug. He didn't protect his wife, he protected his pride. And to see him party afterwards as if he was on top of the world made him look really worse. I find it troubling and frankly infuriating the amount of people online trying to make light of the assault.
Kay said…
I agree that both were at fault. Rock was unfeeling and the joke was tasteless. However, Smith's action was totally wrong and people shouldn't have applauded for him.
Unknown said…
Chris Rock is a comedian and he's gonna make jokes, that's what he was hired to do. If Jada didn't want any cracks about her bald head maybe she should've kept the fact she has alpeocia to herself and not announce it to the world every three minutes. She left herself wide open to all the jokes. As soon as she rolled her eyes at Chris Rock's joke Will Smith figured he needed to do what he needed to do. He made a complete and utter ass of himself. What a classless guy. He showed exactly who he is. He had been hiding his true self very well all these years apparently. I will never see another Will Smith movie again. Ever. And the people who gave him a standing ovation? Don't even get me started.
Kathryn said…
Sending love.💙💛