Decorating

I'm continuing to decorate the inside of the guest house while the workers are building a privacy fence out back and tearing out old concrete in the front to get ready for the final leg of the project.


The W's are enjoying every second of the work.  This house has been used so little and the woods around it is a haven for birds and small critters who think it belongs to them.  When I am down here with the pups, the birds and squirrels scream at us to leave their space.  The pups can't get enough of this and they certainly stand their ground.


I took the leaves out of the Thanksgiving table.  This shortened it by 12 feet so I had room to use these tufted, leather, wing chairs at the head and foot of it.


I cleaned the two mirrors at the bottom of the staircases and what a job it was.  I bought these years ago from a guy in Saratoga Springs, NY.  He scavenged in the woods around him and made these with things he found. Getting paint spray off of pine cones and tree fungus was not fun.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about rugs. At this point I am not even sure that I want them but there is no rush so I can wait and continue to think about it.

These Belgium cabinets are filled with Thanksgiving plates and dishes I haven't used since the pandemic began.  I am hoping to have a big Thanksgiving this year.

These leather chairs were left from The Blog Tech's old house and they are driving me crazy because they don't match.  I've found other places for them and they shall be replaced soon.

I haven't even boiled water in the new kitchen yet.  One of these days! This is why it still looks so neat!

I polished some of my antique copper molds and need to polish more.  They have been in boxes in my garage for years and I am hoping to use some of them down here.


I keep changing and rearranging the cubby cabinet.  I can't place anything that hangs over the edge or I can't open the dishwasher door. There is barely an inch to spare in this kitchen.

The apothecary cabinet is almost full.  What a beast this thing is to clean.

This is a project in the works.  I need my carpenter to make some adjustments to the piece against the wall and then I have big plans for it.

When I was a little girl, there was a small woods close to my house that we played in endlessly and we all called it  The Toy Woods.  It was my inspiration to create one on my own property.  Now, when I ask the pups if they want to go to The Toy Woods they fly through the gates to play here. It always makes me smile.

I'm still trying to figure out the coffee table for this side of the big room.

Instead of a toaster for this kitchen, I bought a toaster oven/ air fryer. That is it sitting on the shelf below the microwave.  I've never used an air fryer but I am excited to try it and I know I will use a toaster oven. Plus, I will have a regular toaster upstairs in the breakfast kitchen.

Willie taking a break in his favorite spot. The creek and ponds will be up and running soon and the pups will really love that, so will I.

Soon I will be working on the top floor and putting all of the bedrooms together. Just when I thought the inside was almost done, I realized I need to have shelves built in the bedrooms.  To be continued....
 

Comments

It's all coming together so wonderfully!
Susan said…
Everything looks absolutely beautiful. Your toy woods sounds amazing and alive with the sights and sounds of nature.
Oneoldgoat1962 said…
Absolutely gorgeous! I love the woods and can't wait to hear peepers!
Megs said…
Everything is beautiful and unique! It will be interesting to see what you think of air fryers, I’m another hold-out, thinking of getting one. What fun for the pups in the Toy Woods,
Apparently, you have never seen a large piece of furniture to which you were not attracted, especially one-of-a kind pieces. I love it all.
DrumMajor said…
Goodness! You've been busy. I didn't notice the brown leather chairs weren't an exact match until you wrote about it. How about two smaller coffee tables in that space where you're thinking about one coffee table? Looks amazing. So glad the puppies are happy! Linda in Kansas
Guillaume said…
Looking absolutely gorgeous.
Bee Haven Bev said…
It’s looking wonderful!!! I love it!
Unknown said…
Everything is so warm and cozy, yet beautiful and elegant. I love that leather wing chair. As warm and cozy as that living space is I think a huge oriental rug would complete the look. Glad the pups are enjoying romping through the Toy Woods. What fun! Glad Willie is doing well.
Kathryn said…
Great job and artistry !
1st Man said…
Lovely, just lovely!!!