The Old Stonehouse

I thought it was time to add an alter to the guest house. I used some of my favorite things to put it together.


I'm sure this will morph over time, but for now, it works for me.  The pumpkin on the black chest lights up.


I decorated my Murphy door too.

The black books are all of my witch books which I had bound at a local bindery.
 
 
The gold ones are all of my Kafka books.

I added more pieces to the sideboard. Isn't this going to be fun to clean!? You can see how they leveled this piece by pouring a concrete footer under it. This floor is so crooked that on the far right there is an 8 inch difference.



I moved the old candy cabinet to the TV room.  For years I have filled these drawers with boxes of candy for visitors.  Anyone that comes here can open the drawers and pick out candy to take it home with them. People make a bee line for it.

I also started to fill up the pantry.  It is filling up fast and I am being very selective of what goes in here.

It was a wonderful weekend with very Fall-like weather.  We built a fire in the outside fireplace and worked for hours on the ponds and creek.  We filled large bags with leaves and hopefully will have everything up and running soon. As soon as it warms up here, I will be power washing all of this.

Willie helped.  

So did Winnie.


We raked all of these leaves. This should have been done in the Fall but we were taking care of Willie's boo boo and never had the time to do it.

These two chow chows had a very good day. But to be honest, every day is a very good day for them, as it should be.


 

Comments

Carol said…
You may have to use a leaf blower on all your crockery to keep the dust at bay!
DrumMajor said…
You have lots of pottery! Whew! And the W & W Company seems to be very good at supervising outdoor projects. Nice to see friendly, fluffy doggies having relaxing fun in the midst of so much strife in the world. Linda in Kansas
Mary V said…
You should look out for a cute sign…” incline ahead”
Witchery and Kafka! And the W's are indeed such good helpers, LOL!
Mike said…
I've read recently that you should leave the leaves and not disturb them until the critters that use them for winter hibernation come out in the spring.
Leanna said…
I don't understand why didn't they level out the floor without showing it. To me, it's kind of embarrassing to show imperfections like that. It's good to hear Willie is getting around again. I love seeing the W's out and about. I love the Sideboard with all the cabbage pieces. They are soooo pretty.
Wow, I thought there were some tall shims used to level my 1902 house. I love all the rebound books. Looks great.
Susan said…
Your styling looks superb. Your outside patio and woodlands are beautiful. Love the outdoor fireplace! The W's must enjoy their outside gardens and woods.
Guillaume said…
I didn't know you read Kafka. Seeing these pics, I'm in autumn again, for a moment.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
i read kafka in german!
Rain said…
The W's are adorable...they work hard lol! I LOVE how you decorated the Murphy Door!!! And the outdoor fireplace is wonderful! ♥
Bee Haven Bev said…
Everything is looking spectacular. It has been so much fun to watch all of the progress. Seriously, a video tour would be lovely!!
Unknown said…
Yes, I can see how much Willie and Winnie are helping. LOL That murphy door is so amazing. And your pantry? Soooo lucky to have all that space. Fill the top far right drawer with Butterfingers and Reeses cups so I'll know which drawer to go to when I visit. Thanks.
Kathryn said…
Good morning
Just gorge!
Megs said…
The concrete pouring is genius. The Kakta collection! The dishes! The alter! All brilliant.