Garden Part 2

The 'creeping jenny" continues to creep.  It sure likes this spot.  If all of the plants I have in pots do well this year, they will be planted in the garden next Spring.


Horseradish


The dahlias are doing well.


My celery is growing through the base of the birdhouse and is safe from the groundhogs.


I love the small roses on this bush.  if I cut it back, they will bloom much larger but for now, I like them the way they are,


The oakleaf hydrangeas never disappoint.


My mason broke up the extra patio stone and placed it under the which shed.  He covered the entire perimeter so ground hogs can't hide under the shed and therefore the W's will not get stuck trying to get to them.


It was a really good use for extra stone. It is so nice how my workers have embraced my gardens and added to them.


I now have much more usable space on the patio.  I can't wait to clean it up, put everything in place and throw a big dinner party out here.


This is the path up to the main house.


This was an empty lot when I started this project years ago and I planted everything in this woods except for the big trees, I had a landscaper plant them. My favorite part of the toy woods is the paths that Willie and Winnie have made.  They rarely follow the people path but have carved out their own shortcuts through the woods.
 

The middle and smallest pond.
 

This is the gurgling millstone room.  It is filled with ferns, hostas, mayflowers, mountain laurels and azaleas. 


The 7 ton weeping beech.


This is Winnie's favorite bench.  She loves to lay on it and watch the birds drink out of the creek just next to the paperbark maple.


This is the path that leads to the gazebo.


My electricians will be adding lights to this soon.


I'm almost to the top of the mountain at this point.


This is the gate back to the main house.


And the pool is now open which is really good since we might hit 100 degrees this week.


I recently trimmed all of these box woods too.  I hope you enjoyed the visit.
 

Comments

Bee Haven Bev said…
Your gardens are always my favorite posts. I would love to explore them in person. You always do such a lovely job with the hard scape! And that shed is utterly magical!
Oh my! How beautiful. I would love to be there to drink it in myself.
Mary Bolton said…
Wonderful! I do mean filled with wonder!!
Thank you for the tour
What a labour of love your property is!
Mary V said…
You should sketch an overhead view so i can really visualize it, it is so enchanting.
Susan said…
You have created a real woodland paradise. The garden rooms with paths and stairs connecting each area are beautiful. I love how the W's have created their own paths too. Your extended patio space for seating and dining looks wonderful as well. The pool is very inviting with a lovely stone surround.
I've been knocked out by a cold but now I've soon both posts about Your garden. It's so beautiful!
I don't know if You know but Horse radish can become a rather annoying weed if it likes where it grows. It can spread like crazy :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
DVArtist said…
Just stunning. Every area a place to enjoy an so peaceful. How much land do you have?
Guillaume said…
great pictures, as always.
Rain said…
I very much enjoyed the visit! I would LOVE to have that pool! I'm so glad Winnie has a nice place to sit and keep cool. Great job the workers did with the patio stones under the witch shed!
Unknown said…
I love that green birdhouse. The path up to the main house and the steps leading to that gate to the main house are awesome. Enjoyed it all, thanks for the tour.