More Progress


I've made some recent progress on my guest house project.  The counters were installed around the outdoor sink yesterday.


We looked at all types of outdoor counter materials and ended up having them made out of concrete.  After living with sandstone and blue stone counters in other areas of the gardens, I was reluctant to use either of those again.  The old utility tub, which is now the outdoor sink, is made from concrete so concrete ended up being the best choice.  I love them.

I've had a piece of white marble laying around outside for about 20 years.  I never knew what to use it for but I never wanted to get rid of it either. Wouldn't you know that it was the perfect size to make two shelves for over the countertops!



This Louis Armstrong song lyric is made out of iron and it will change appearance as it continues to rust.


I added hot and cold water lines which will make the sink much more usable than if it just had cold water.



 I still have some fine tuning to do but overall, I am thrilled with it.  I was so happy to see that the plumber had finally installed the faucet yesterday.  I turned on the water and was thrilled to see it finally coming out until my feet got wet.  The plumber didn't have time to hook up the drain.  I really need this project to be finished!



Comments

Susan said…
Beautiful! I do love your stone. The cement counters with the marble shelves adds a bit of elegance. Having the sink is a great feature and it will be even better with the soon to be installed drain. No more surprise wet feet.
I love it all, especially the iron lyrics.
Megs said…
Just wonderful! I love the iron Louis Armstrong quote, and those sinks will last forever!
Guillaume said…
Looking oh so good and I envy you.
Mary V said…
Hot water outside a great ides, washing pots and bird baths.
Bee Haven Bev said…
I am totally in love with this outdoor space of yours!! It is just perfect... and... that is one of my favorite songs!