Pups In The leaves

On what might have been the last day of our Fall for this year, we raked leaves.  This pic might not seem unusual to you but for chow chow owners, it is quite funny.



Chow chows do not play much, if at all.  However, each time we raked a pile of leaves, Willie plopped down right in the middle of them. He certainly was enjoying them.


At one point he face planted in them and feel asleep.  We had the most wonderful Fall this year.  Yesterday, Winter arrived with some flurries.  Bring on the snow!
 

Comments

They are gorgeous! And I did not know Chows don't have the tendency to play. That's interesting! We had one that lived down the road.. unfortunately the family that owned him left him out loose often and he could be found laying right in the middle of the road at times. He was called "speed bump" by the locals, not funny - but he was lucky he died of old age when his time came.
I didn't know that chows did not play. Why is that I wonder. I only know I am terrified of chows.
SAM said…
That's completely adorable. My daughter's Border Collie- Hound mix loves the leaves too.
Leanna said…
Oh, My Goddess!! It seems to me that your leaves have sprouted Puppy-shrooms. Yes! They aren't fatal when handled and are very sweet. They let off hairy spores when handled which tends to get on everything. So be careful. Puppy-shrooms are not recommended for consumption but they are cute to have around. Some have even been known to sprout legs and follow you around the house.
Leanne said…
I too did not realise they do not play. Wow that would be different - our three dogs are always playing and love their toys and balls.
Guillaume said…
Lovely pictures. Autumn beautifies everything.
Susan said…
Willie is adorable enjoying his leaves. I bet he's looking forward to playing in the snow too.
DrumMajor said…
What funny Ws, being so helpful with the raking chores! I think their black tongues spook people sometimes. Linda in Kansas