- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine flour and sugar in a bowl, cut butter into flour/sugar mixture, toss then rub with your fingers until it resembles corn meal.
- Combine cream and egg yolk and add to the butter/sugar/flour mixture.
- Lightly mix until it forms a ball, add a little water if necessary to hold it together (1 or 2 tablespoons at the most).
- Sprinkle flour on a board and gently knead the dough with the heel of your hand until the flour has been worked through.
- Wrap ball of dough in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove dough and allow to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into an 11-inch circle and line an 8- or 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Be careful not to pull the edges.
- Place prepared crust in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the frozen tart shell with foil and fill with dried beans to weigh it down.
- Bake 20minutes that remove foil and beans and return to the oven for 4 or 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cool while preparing filling.
- Process almonds and 3 tablespoons of the sugar in a food processor to a fine powder.
- Cream butter and remaining sugar.
- Add egg yolks and sir until smooth.
- Add the ground almond sugar mixture and the vanilla.
- Spread almond cream into the baked and cooled tart shell.
- Arrange 2 cups of the raspberries over the top of the cream.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, cover with the remaining 2 cups of raspberries.
- Optional glaze: melt 2 tablespoons of currant jam and 1 tablespoon water in a pan and allow to cool, then brush over fresh berries.
- I serve it with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
Oh, just in case you missed this:
Thank you universe!
Since he's being arraigned on Tuesday I wonder if the DA will ask the judge to make him wear an ankle monitor and hand over his passport.