Sewing

I am not going to tell you how long it took me to make these very simple sink drapes. These should have been so simple, but put me and a sewing machine together and it always turns into a very complicated event. I can sew by hand with the best of them but I have zero patience when it comes to using a machine.  It should be the exact opposite right?  After way too long and many many swears, I have my sink drapes finished and in place. Just don't look too closely.


Winnie was as bored as I was with the project.


Willie was like...whatever, can you make me some food now?


To answer a few questions:  the porch is about 40 feet long and 12 feet wide.


I robbed the main house for some furniture and though not traditional porch furniture, it works well out there.  The porch is totally covered and we very rarely get snow or rain blowing in on it so all is safe.


We also added a TV which we actually use a lot.  I bought heated blankets and we wrapped ourselves in them throughout Fall as we watched football games.  It was almost like being in the stadium!


It has turned into the W's favorite room.  With all of that hair, they have built in heat blankets for cold weather.  In the Summer, the floors are cool and there are ceiling fans to blow on them.




I have hot and cold running water in the outdoor sink, a pizza/bread oven, a grill and 3 outdoor cook top burners.  So, I have a full kitchen except for a refrigerator.  There is one right inside the door though. This will be an adventure in learning how to cook outside. It's something I have always wanted to do.
 

Comments

Wow, you, your husband and the W's could live full-time on that porch!
Marcia LaRue said…
Cooking outdoors is the same as cooking indoors ... except you are out on your porch! It will be like fancy camping!
Susan said…
Your porch is styled to perfection and must provide a great space for family and friends to gather. I can relate to your sewing machine experience. I bought a sewing machine and returned it. I concluded, I was not meant to use a sewing machine.
Unknown said…
What a beautiful porch, I can see how the W's love it, I would too. I didn't pay much attention to sewing in Home Ec. Now I wish I would have.
Megs said…
Beautiful, and practical. I feel the same way, can hand sew forever, gunk up with the machine.
Rain said…
Your porch looks so cozy Joyce. ♥