Spring

It looks like Spring is coming very early this year.  It started in January.  Seriously, we have never had a Winter as warm as this one. I've given up all hopes of snow and decided to embrace what Mother Nature has bestowed upon us.  This means Spring cleanup.  I started with The Stonehouse porch.  This porch is very long and narrow because originally The Stonehouse was a duplex.  The W's love spending time out here so I try to keep it as clean as possible.


We still have to have slate put down on the floor and the painters are due this Spring to paint all of the trim.

With that done, I tackled the potting shed.  As soon as I told the pups that we had work to do, they joined me in the raised garden.  They love to "observe' work being done.


Willie looked around and said, where should we start?  There is always so much to do when the gardens start to wake up.


Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that there is not enough sun in this area anymore for a vegetable garden. This means at some point, this whole area will have to be redone.  The good news is that I have the perfect spot for a very sunny garden which means another big project in the future.



It was time to dust off the gnomes and see what damage the mice did over the 'Winter we never had'.


I dusted from the rafters to the floor.


Everything has to be removed, cleaned and put back in place.


Cleaned and ready for use. There re still a few things to put outside but I will wait until I'm sure the weather will be temperate.


And look at how hard the Chow Chows were working.


They worked so hard that they needed to nap.


Willie loves to nap on his stoop.  I recently had these gates added on either side of the house so the pups can lay outside safely and not be right by the sidewalk.  They LOVE them


Here are a couple additional pics that for some reason refused to line up in order.



Next up, I will tackle the witch shed.


I haven't totally given up hope for snow this season, I still have my pine wisps hanging on the front porch!



 







Comments

Bee Haven Bev said…
Oh how I love these posts! Your taste is wonderful!!!
Megs said…
I love fall and winter, but I do love getting ready for spring! Beautiful pictures that made me smile and inspired me to start working!
You're working those poor pups TOO HARD!
Susan said…
The Pups like to supervise and it is exhausting. My dog does the same. Your new sunny vegetable garden will be a great project.
Guillaume said…
I looove the gnomes. We need more gnomes here. Here it looks like winter might give its last blast before spring comes: they are forecasting snow tomorrow. I am skeptical.
Leanne said…
LOVE your pottering shed and Witch shed. The herb pictures I'd sure love a close up. Put mine I've up to shame. LOVE em xx Love Leanne
Unknown said…
Just when you have everything cleaned up and ready for spring you're going to get a huge snowstorm in your area. Maybe. Possibly. You never know.
DrumMajor said…
Your place is just beautiful and magical. The Ws look like they're doing a mean job of guarding the place! So cute and really fluffy! Linda in Kansas
This has been a great winter for me. The temperature in the South has been in 80s and 70s. However, I do respect your disappointment. Your place is beautiful.
Gwen Buchanan said…
You have created an amazingly cooool place. Love it!! and the pups of course!!