And Away They Grow


Last Spring, when I was up to my neck in guest house renovations, I thought my unused raised bed looked pretty when it was filled with my 'creeping jenny' that I let grow with wild abandon.


By midsummer, it covered the entire 20X20 foot bed.  Winnie loved it because it provided a cool, cushy mattress for her to lay on when the weather was hot.  Today I am looking back and questioning my sanity.  I spent the weekend meticulously digging each and ever root out of the dirt.  OMG, what a project.  I intend to finish today and I will never make this mistake again.  I transplanted a lot of it to areas where I can't get anything else to grow and just watch, none of it will grow there.  This is a good gardening example of when a plant finds a place where it is happy, watch out!
 


On a happier note, my ramps are coming up.  I planted these about 9 years ago and they still have not naturalized.  I am hoping they will in the next few years.


Comments

Creeping Jenny lived up to its name!
I thought wisteria was so pretty that I let it grow where it wanted. It tore up fences, almost killed one tree, mutilated and killed a few, tripped me growing across the yard, tried to grow into the ac window unit. Yet, it still lives despite my worst intentions for it.
jaz@octoberfarm said…
been there, done that with wisteria too. that stuff is murderous! i've vowed to never grow it again.
Guillaume said…
Creeping Jenny sounds creepy.