Father's Day 2023

We had a small Father's Day party yesterday.  I set the table with my fern plates for a summery theme.


I baked some very good sandwich buns.


And made a platter of pan roasted chicken and cheddar sandwiches on them.  These were topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions and dill pickles.


At the request of the Father's Day father, I made potato salad, macaroni salad and cole slaw.  I get very bored making these salads over and over again but everyone always asks for them so I keep making them.


My Daughter made these S'mores brownies topped with marshmallow that we toasted with my kitchen torch.  I made a huge banana bread pudding topped with a creme anglaise and vanilla ice cream but I forgot to take a pic of it.  Everyone filled up on dinner food and then had to force themselves to eat dessert.  But, they managed.
 

Comments

Everything sounds delicious, as always! Those s'mores desserts -- mmmmmmm, sinful.
Leanna said…
The salads are making my mouth water.
Laura said…
it all looks delicious! are the s'mores brownies as sweet as an acutal s'more? i love the combination of graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow but s'mores are so sweet i don't like them. weird. :-)

love & magicks
~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!
Marcia LaRue said…
You just can't beat the basic summer salads ... they are the best!
Everything else looks pretty tasty, too!!
Guillaume said…
The food looks delicious, as always. Here we celebrated a bit more modestly, but Wolfie made it reall special.