Succulents

I am amazed at how well my 'succulents in the bird bath' experiment is doing.  The have found their happy place.


If you remember, it was only 3 weeks ago that I planted them in my old copper birdbath.  They were terribly limp and were dropping leaves.


Here they are in their containers.  Pretty small and not too vibrant at the time.


Here they are today!


They have tripled in size and some are blooming.


The climbing hydrangea is working it's way up the pillar too.


My apricot roses had to be transplanted as they were not getting enough sun but the rest is filling in nicely.  This area should look great by this time next year.


 I have to find something to replace the roses but I am really enjoying this new bed.


On another note, I am going to star treating my weeds like this, especially when I am having a party:



Comments

Wow, they're growing like gangbusters!
Mary V said…
Lovin’ that last photo….so cute.
DrumMajor said…
Cute resolution to the weeds problem! Linda in Kansas
Marcia said…
Love the weed friend.
My weeds would have more company than I if I helped them like this. Weed party!(not that kind of weed!)
I love succulents. I killed everything except my hens and chicks. Well, I only have a chick.
Laura said…
i love your birdbath succulents! i have an old concrete birdbath that belonged to my great-aunt that is crumbling in the middle. i keep thinking i'll mosiac the inside so it would still work as a birdbath. i love watching the little birdies splashing around.

and i LOVE that last picture! little trolls!

love & magicks
~*~

ps...hugs to the puppers
Guillaume said…
That last picture is so very cute. Is that a troll?
Susan said…
Your gardens look fantastic. I love the birdbath succulent collection. The weed buddy is adorable.
Unknown said…
They've really filled out, they look beautiful. The little guy is a cute idea.