A Bit of Fall Decorating


We have guests coming next week so I have been working on cleaning and doing a bit if Fall decorating.

It's tough to think Fall when it's 95 degrees outside .  Thankfully, I have ceiling fans on this porch and it is very shady so it's quite comfortable. I bought these copper mercury glass luminarias and placed them on the sideboard along with some wrought iron snakes and bat coasters.  Click for a closer look.

I scrubbed down the entire porch and all of the furniture.  I painted the trim around the windows black.  In the spring the entire house will be painted and I wanted to see how the black looks. I am really tired of the dull brown it has been for years. I hung silver mercury glass pumpkins which light up around each window.


I have a TV on this porch so we can watch football games.


The window boxes hold a variety of Fall foliage and some sunflowers will be added soon.  Not much yet but once it cools down, I will be decorating more. 

 


 



Comments

Mary V said…
A very inviting space, love it. I like the black trim.
I love the decorations. A neighbor with an old white home painted the window trim black. I have never been inside, but the black trim is very attractive.
Guillaume said…
I started taking mine out too as well. In fact I will blog about Halloween decorations specifically tomorrow. By the way, I used to have the black cat poster I see on your wall. I lost it moving houses. Must be in one of our boxes somewhere.
Leanne said…
YES! you have begun. The black trim looks great! I'm just thinking of sowing sunflowers.
Megs said…
Beautiful! Copper mercury glass gives a new thing to buy!
The black trim looks fabulous and dramatic!
Laura said…
so beautiful! i would want to spend all my time there.
love & blessings
~*~

ps...hugs to the pups!