I made this for dinner yesterday and it was loved by all!  I mean, really really loved like in  they couldn't stop eating it.  I served it with fire roasted flour tortillas and the aji verde sauce that is just outstanding. I forgot to take a pic of it though.  I served garlic toasted Peruvian rice on the side.  I will be making this again and again. I already promised to make it for The Blog Tech and his wife.  Here is the recipe:

  • 4 pounds whole chicken (innards removed and spatchcocked (see notes))
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoons lime zest


 

Comments

It looks amazing and delicious!
Linda said…
I am salivating!
Megs said…
This sounds so good!
Guillaume said…
Looks yummy and kind of perfect for a Sunday roast during summertime.