Halloween Treat Bags


 

My Daughter and I made 150 treat bags yesterday.

We assembled the bags first and then embellished them.

After we filled them, we tied them with ribbon.


We made unique treat bags this year and wrapped all sorts of different candies instead of the ubiquitous mini candy bars.

We added fun Halloween charms. 


Some charms are small but they sure are cute.


A small black bat adorns this bag.   I would have died to get a treat bag like this when I was a kid.  I can still remember the best Halloween treats in my neighborhood as well as the worst.  I remember a guy that passed out one peanut in a shell and yet, we still went to his house every year. Everyone's favorite house to visit was the school nurse's home who treated us with a box of Cracker Jacks topped with a lollipop and a package of gum.  Do you remember your favorite treats?


This is the first year we added charms and I think the children will really enjoy them.


Do you remember your favorite trick or treat house and what your favorite treat was?  I am so old that I remember getting popcorn balls and taffy apples. In the 50's there were cheap candy bars made by a company that invented them to use up leftover chocolate and nuts.  They were called Lunch Bars.  I can't remember how cheap they were but we got a lot of them in our trick or treat bags. When we returned home at the end of the night my brother and I would dump out our haul and swap candy.  Somehow I think my older brother always made out better on that deal...haha!




Comments