- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter
- ⅓ c. honey
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to incorporate.
- Add cold, cubed butter and mix on low until the mixture is the consistency of a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, milk, and vanilla extract. Add to the flour mixture and mix on low until the dough comes together.
- Divide in half and wrap in plastic. Chill until firm, about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Once chilled, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll each dough sheet into a long rectangle about 15"x10" and ⅛" thick.
- TIP: roll out onto a Silpat or parchment paper so that transferring to the baking sheet will be easier.
- Using a knife or fluted pastry wheel, cut the dough rectangle into four columns and three rows.
- Poke holes into crackers using a fork or toothpick.
- Repeat with the second batch of dough.
- The crackers may not all be the same size just get them as close as you can. I trimmed the rough edges off.