A Farewell Dinner

My daughter in laws grandma is leaving this week to go home.  She has been visiting since before the wedding.  I wanted to send her off with one last meal so I whipped up a bunch of stuff and sent it over to her.
I made a big batch of granola and made some french bread.                                                                                                          

 I baked a bunch of apple pies.  Some of the pies went to other friends.  Granny didn't eat 4 pies!


 I sent soup, mashed potatoes and gravy too.

 I made roasted carrots and refrigerator pickles.

 And some spinach au gratin.

 I packed it all up in gift baskets.

The main part of the meal were pasties.  These are excellent.  If you want to give them a try, you can find the recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2015/09/up-pasties.html

Comments

Grandma's gonna be eatin' good for awhile!
Agnieszka said…
Those baskets look so professional, like the stuff you would buy in an expensive deli - but better since it's all homemade! Amazing job, I bet the Granny was delighted :-)
greekwitch said…
Lucky grandma!! ... Grandma, why is your mouth so big?
babs said…
I just don't understand how you get that all accomplished. You must cook/bake from sun up to sun down. Awesome indeed!
Susan said…
Honestly? I think I'd show up, just so I could leave again with one of those baskets!
Anonymous said…
My first thought when I saw the pies was That woman sure love Your pies :-) then I read the text :-)

That grandma is one lucky woman :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
Guillaume said…
That's such a feast you made!
1st Man said…
You just amaze me. I don't know how you get all that done? Do you literally cook all day long? It all looks incredible.
Mystica said…
Can I become your adopted grandma! you are very kind, very hospitable and so hard working.