Beef Bourguignon

My daughter's boyfriend, who is a chef, had his birthday on Saturday.  He works until 1:00 am so they had a late birthday celebration.  I made him beef bourguignon for his birthday dinner.
 I use Julia's recipe and got up really early in the morning to start the prep work.

 This recipe is not difficult but it does take a long time to make it.

 The beef must be dry so that it will brown properly

 Lot's of chopping....

 and slicing goes into this dish.

 The browning takes a lot of time.  You have to brown each piece on all sides to give it a crust.

 But it sure pays off in the end. I gave some to my DIL and she said she thinks it might be the best thing she's ever eaten.

 It seriously is that good.  You can find the recipe here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=beef+bourguignon

Make sure to serve it with some good French bread.  I also served it over mashed cauliflower along with creamed spinach.

























Comments

Ian's Girl said…
I can attest to the fact that this recipe is a PITA to make, and worth every step. I made it for my husband's birthday after you posted it several years ago, and it is unbelievably good!
Guillaume said…
Oh that looks so delicious! I haven't had a boeuf bourguignon in ages.
Anonymous said…
I do miss my mormor's beef bourguignon, she was a master cooking it. Me not so much because I do not have the patience.

Have a great day!

Christer.
TARYTERRE said…
The chef getting pampered by another great cook. The perfect birthday treat. LOOKS like a nice hearty meal. YUM!
Jim said…
From henceforth you will be known as Julia II .
Looks and sounds fantastic!! So...was the boyfriend impressed?? :)
I was!! And that was just looking at it!!
Mary Ann said…
Until my wrist is healed, no chopping and cutting for me :-(
Tech Cloud Ltd said…
Wow, very nice and delicious food you have shared. It seems like you're a cook freak person. I really like your passion and efforts. However, the photos you have shared are very mouthwatering. It is obvious that the photographer took the photos perfectly. However, I’m working with a different image post-production platform for editing kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing. Keep going. image post-production