Quick Spaghetti Sauce

I didn't know what I was going to make for the after school kids this morning when I woke up.  I rummaged through the freezer and found ground pork and thought....spaghetti sauce. 
I didn't have any peppers so I just sauteed several diced onions in olive oil and added granulated garlic, dried garlic, onion powder, S&P, Italian seasoning and dried thyme.

 The flavor in the dried spices really comes out when you cook them with the meat while you are browning it.

 I added 2 giant cans of tomato sauce and 3 cans of paste.  I also added 4 tsp. of sugar.

 A few tablespoons of minced parsley and basil and a couple spoonfuls of beef bouillon too.

 This took about 30 minutes to prepare.

I served it with buttered penne.

Comments

Susan said…
It is completely amazing what you can whip up out of nowhere! If I was doing this much cooking, I would have lost steam and ideas months ago...
Rain said…
That looks great! We're going to have spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow. It's such a delicious meal!
Linda said…
I put three pounds of ground pork, still frozen, in the crockpot and had planned three items. I think I will make spaghetti with the fourth left. That is a delicious looking bowl of spaghetti. I am sure the kids will love that.
Isn't it amazing that something so easy to make becomes so delicious?

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
Quick or slow, I love a good spaghetti sauce!
Gemmagirl said…
Quick, easy and nourishing. I'm sure it was devoured with gusto. Well done again and again.
TARYTERRE said…
Comfort food personified.