- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the buttermilk and melted butter to flour mixture, stirring to remove any large lumps.
- Add 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Drop by the spoonful (about 1/4 cup each) onto prepared pan.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
|They are very light and fluffy.|
|This little furball was groomed yesterday. She was looking a bit shaggy around the edges.|
|Look at the difference.|