My Computer is Repaired and More Progress

Finally, my computer has been repaired and it is as good as new, what a relief. And I have a bit more progress at the stonehouse to show. While everything is ripped apart, I figured I better have the exhaust replaced in the breakfast kitchen.  This was long overdue. I am trying to think of every repair I need to have done while I have the workers here.  It is so hard to get them back otherwise.


The painters stained my new corner shelves in the bathroom.



This support beam had to be boxed in using plywood because it was such a tight fit to get the fridge into this area.  The painters stained it but it just looked like stained plywood.  So, we brought in a faux artist to make it match the other old basement supports.  I decided to have him 'hide' the PVC pipe too.


He did a good job.


Even the PVC pipe blends in better.


This is going to be the laundry area.  Since I took this pic, it has already been transformed but there is still a lot to do.  I'll show you when it is done.  These new stacking washer and dryers are full capacity compared to the old ones and in a place like this, they really free up space.


The small baking pantry got it's last coat of paint.
 
As did the other 'under the stairs' closet.


I must be getting close to the end because I bought this sofa at Anthropologie this weekend and it will go in the new TV room.  It' a weird room but I think it will work.  I measured many times and called my carpenter who assured me we can make it work. It is not something I would typically pick but i am pushing myself to try different things like the new toilet.  If you missed that post, you can see it here:  http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2022/02/progress_13.html 

Yep, I am getting wild and crazy with my sofas and toilets.  What can I say, it's been a boring couple of years and you have to find your fun where you can.


Comments

It's looking really good and that was a good job by that painter!

Great that they could fix Your computer. I do like having a new one but really hates to do it all over again :-) :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.
Mary V said…
That is some serious stove! I do not like to cook. That being said I do like how a kitchen looks! Cannot wait for the finished room.
Susan said…
Love your new black exhaust above that fabulous stove. The faux painting is amazing. Stacked washer and dryer really delivers on size, floor space and aesthetics. Great curves on the new couch... Very fine choice.
I, for one, like your new toilet and couch!
Guillaume said…
And I struggle to keep this place tidy.
Unknown said…
Wow, that artist did an excellent job. You would never know it wasn't real wood.