- 7 ounces softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped of its seeds Use the best ones you can find.
- 3 1/2 ounces ground (not chopped) almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, if necessary( I used it )
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together 7
ounces softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Add scraped seeds from 1
vanilla bean and 3 1/2 ounces ground (not chopped) almonds, and mix
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together 2 cups
all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Add it to the
butter-sugar mixture and thoroughly combine. If the dough is too dry and
crumbly, add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- On parchment-lined baking sheets, portion
out small balls of dough. Roll into a pencil shape in the hands and then
shape into small crescents. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are
- Mix 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar. While cookies are still on the baking pan, sprinkle with sugar mixture. Let cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container.