|The Blog Tech and his Fiance love shrimp salad sandwiches. I made these for them yesterday.|
- 3/4 C. water
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
- 3 tablespoons melted butter(this is for brushing the tops)
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball; flatten to about 3" across. Place the buns on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about an hour.
- Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust.
- Cool the buns on a rack.
- Yield: 8 large buns.
Top with more lettuce. It sort of cups the salad holding it in place.