December 14th and 15th.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Cream butter. Add sugar, creaming well. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch rounds, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at edges. Cool thoroughly.
- Spread half of the cookies with jam, and top with remaining cookies.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, almond extract, and enough hot water to make a thin icing. Frost tops of cookies. Top each with a small piece of candied cherry.
I always double the recipe because even when doubled, the recipe only makes 38 cookies.
These hold up really well too.
I layer them in plastic containers with sheets of waxed paper between them.
Then I sit the containers in a cold place.
They last for weeks.
I made the Blog Tech prep the candied cherries. He was very sticky!!!
I have been baking up a storm and will post a recipe each day. My friends can't wait to get their cookie trays this year.
Since this is really a double cookie each, one goes a long way.
Try them.....you will like them!
***Remember to enter the giveaway by clicking on the button on my sidebar.