This is a really good dinner roll recipe. I made 100 of them on Tuesday to take to the shelter. The guys were grabbing them and eating them as I walked through the door.
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water or milk
- 1 package rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg or 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp melted and cooled butter
- 1 cup lukewarm water/milk
- 1-2 tsp salt
- additional melted butter for brushing
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup lukewarm water or milk with 1 package rapid rise yeast and 1 tsp of sugar.
- In your mixer bowl add 4 cups all purpose flour. Pour the yeast mixture over.
- Add 1 egg and 4 tbsp of melted butter
- In a measuring cup mix 1 cup of lukewarm milk with 1-2 tsp salt. Add it to the bowl.
- Mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Put the dough into a greased bowl, cover with plastic. Let it double in volume.
- Grease a 11×7 deep dish. Divide the dough into 16 almost equal balls. Shape them into small baguettes and place them into the baking dish. Cover again with plastic and let them rise until they are touching.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and place them in the oven.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until golden. Brush with some more butter as soon as you take them out of the oven.
I roll them out and use a pizza cutter to score them.