|I made some curried egg salad the other day and tried out this new roll recipe to serve it on.|
Sandwich roll recipe:
- 1/2 C. water
- 2 tsp. rapid rise yeast
- 3 T. sugar
- 4 -1/3 C. flour
- 1- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg at room temperature (beaten lightly), plus one egg for the egg wash
- In the bowl of your mixwe, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Allow the yeast mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Add the flour and salt and mix until it begins to form a ball. It will be a bit sticky.
- Place dough into a lightly-oiled bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, punch down.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 portions depending on the size you want them to be. Roll each portion into a ball and place dough balls onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Allow the buns to rise for another 1 hour, or until they have again doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Whisk another egg and add a dash of water to the egg. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash.
- Bake the rolls for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are a deep golden color. Cool rolls on a rack.