Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
- 2 pounds fresh, ripe tomatoes, prepared as described below, or 2 cups canned imported Italian tomatoes, cut up, with their juice. I used tomato sauce I canned last summer.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Place this in a heavy pot and bring to a slight boil and then turn down to simmer. Cook stirring occasionally until it thickens, about 1 hour. Serve it over the pasta of your choice.
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed (or grated or mashed into a paste with a pinch of salt)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped anchovies (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 head crisp romaine lettuce. I also used some leaf lettuce that came in my csa.
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- Salt, if needed, and lots of freshly ground pepper to serve
- Add garlic to a large salad bowl.
- Add olive oil and stir and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add vinegar, anchovy, Worcestershire, and lemon juice, and stir. If you'd like a thicker dressing, add half the Parmesan now. You can let this sit while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- Dip a lettuce leaf in to taste your dressing. If it doesn't taste fiercely of lemon juice, garlic, and anchovy, add more of those, to taste. The balsamic should not be pronounced.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and toss.
- Add Parmesan and freshly ground pepper before a final toss.
- Serve immediately.
Monday, December 28, 2015
Sunday, December 27, 2015
|Teddy returns boneless and with a schmutzigen Gesicht (a dirty face). Teddy speaks lots of German. That bone has been buried somewhere and I can't find it.|
|She sticks her paw in the box but they don't fit.|
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Friday, December 25, 2015
Thursday, December 24, 2015
|And a few fresh cranberries for the berries.|
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
|The Blog Tech and his fiance' had a long day yesterday moving all of her stuff back home. It was a dreary damp day so I wanted to make them some yummy comfort food. There's nothing quite like a big bowl of beef bourguignon.|
I made mashed potatoes to go with it too.